Friday, April 18, 2008

All the Pretty Horses Part II/Huge Problem!!!

Well I have gotten a little farther into my book and the storyline is starting to make a lot more sense. When I previously left off, John Grady Cole and company were wandering around somewhere in Mexico. Now they have cut a third of their group (due to the loss of Blevins because he was being stupid) and they have landed steady work on a huge ranch in Mexico. Obviously the action will be picking up again because I still have a lot of the book to read, but so far Cole has just been working on the ranch and showing his equestrian prowess.

An interesting development in the novel is his love affair with Alejandra. I have a feeling it isn’t going to end up well considering he is a ranch worker and she is the daughter of the ranch owner. I’m looking forward to finding out more about the relationship provided I can get an answer to my next problem.

I checked the JSTOR website today and was only able to find one article on my book. Even then, the article was a book review about the first two books in his Border Trilogy series. I really don’t want to have to switch books, but I guess I may have to in order to fulfill the requirement of having three JSTOR articles. I’m hoping you can help me out with my quandary, and I will try to come see you on Monday to see if there is anything I can do to rectify the situation. Until that time, I don’t want to read too much more into the book because I may very well have to switch to another selection. I will update my blog shortly after I have reached some sort of resolution.

(304)

1 comment:

LCC said...

Navigator--you're not limited to Jstor. The Susan Kollin article looks pretty good, and I see at least two sources on the Phoenix Public Library web site, one a downloadable book, the other currently on the shelf on the 5th floor of the downtown Phoenix branch.

So I say don't despair, widen your search, keep reading, and persevere (the PCDS motto, remember).